A new direction of travel

 On March 22nd, 2023, I turned 45 years old. And on my birthday, on that Wednesday, and the next days, I thought a lot about my need to travel again. 

On Friday March 24th, after work, I was at the cinema with a friend. I came home from the cinema at about 8 PM. Then I was sitting there, and I looked around me in the living room. I was alone; my 12 year old kid was with his mother, like he is most weekends (I have him during the week). 

After a short while, a thought occurred: Why not travel this weekend? Go somewhere? I looked at flights that left late out of the Oslo airport. I looked at night trains. I ended up booking a late bus to Copenhagen. It would depart at 23:58, and arrive Copenhagen at about 08:30 AM the next morning. 

The next morning, at 09:30 AM, I was sitting at one of my favourite cafes in Copenhagen; this was about 13.5 hours after I had come home from the cinema, looked around me, and thought "What now?"

I spent that weekend in Copenhagen, and took the evening bus back home to Oslo. I arrived Oslo at around 06:15, went home, got a few hours sleep, and then went straight to the office. 


Now, today, it is April 24th 2023. It is a month since I went to that cinema and then decided to go to Copenhagen. And tonight at 18:30 CET I decided to start this new "DLTQ travels" blog. 

I don't know how often I will use it. But I will try to incorporate it into my travelling routine. And I will look at other travel blogs, and see what they do, or do not do. 

My target audience? Primarily, my future self. So I can look back at my writing on this blog, and my reflections while travelling. 

There! Welcome!

Comments